Thursday, February 2, 2012

Missing cuddle time

Part of being a parent is being there for not just the smiles, but for the sleepless nights when someone is sick and just wishing for a little bit of snuggle time.  It may be 3 or 4 in the morning, but they just need to know that someone is there.  My youngest has always wanted me to come and snuggle during those wee morning hours.  And it must be sitting rocking in the chair in his room when he doesn't feel good.  He's always been someone who gets colds so hard, so we are extra careful in the house to wash hands after blowing noses and to get his oldest brother to do the same.  There are some times that we use a lot of soap in that house!

I got word this morning that my little guy has been up since 3 with Daddy.  I hate being this far away and not being able to hold him and rock him like he would prefer.  I miss being able to just have those snuggle moments, because he only wants that at night.  During the day, you wouldn't notice that he doesn't feel well.  Both of my boys have been that way.  Calling and talking on the phone to them is just not the same as being there to hold them and give them a kiss.  To tuck them in bed and make sure they don't have a fever.  My husband is doing a great job, but I still miss being the one that can snuggle them back to sleep and make sure they feel better.  I miss being Mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment