Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Sunny Days

I love sunny days out here.  Those are the days where everyone finds something to do.  They don't need my services because command tends to get a little ray of sunshine deep inside and relax a little.  Soldiers can be found out doing their jobs and joking around.  Our signal guys are throwing a football around just next door and those sounds travel within my office as they either make a great catch or miss altogether. 

Sunny days allow me the opportunity to make a circle around our area to meet with those who I do not typically see.  Too often, the only people I see are those requesting my services.  They are asking for additional help.  They find me after church to ask a question or a "hallways consult" as I have gotten to call them. I don't find these on sunny days.  These are the days I can actually get away from my office and shake hands with those who do not need me as the psychologist just me... as another soldier.  I can throw the football around with them, and they don't want to ask a few questions of me.  These are the days I can see those who are healthy and just be one with others. 

No comments:

Post a Comment